Tuesday 14 July 2009

What I've been up to lately...

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid but if I don't write these things down I'll just be thinking 'When was it that I ....?' or 'What was I doing with my time then?'. So, in no particular order and purely for my own benefit, some Things I've Done...

  • Last Tuesday afternoon I gave a speech about the UK at a local community centre. H took the day off to take care of K, and took him to the play centre in the morning.
  • 3 out of the last 4 Sundays I've done summer parties for ECC Junior in various towns and cities in the area. All finished now.
  • Weeding. H's been working mainly on the lawn, and I've been doing the Japanese garden. With the weather we're having now weeds are growing like, well, weeds.
  • A few weeks ago we had dinner with one of H's former colleagues, his family, his cousin and her husband, daughter and daughter's boyfriend! The boyfriend is British and is studying, with the cousin's daughter, in Wincester. It was his first visit to Japan and I think he enjoyed having an English-speaker to chat with.
  • Yoga on Saturday afternoons. I'm really enjoying the class, it's so relaxing.
  • Dance on Monday afternoons, while K's at day-care. It's good fun, and deserves a blog post of its own, when I get around to it...
  • Finally, especially for Dad, some news which hasn't happened yet. I've signed K and I up for a baby swimming class. Well it's not really swimming lessons of course, just playing in the pool I think. It's just a summer taster course of 4 classes, every Tuesday morning in August. We were supposed to go for a free trial class today but K has some infected insect bites so the doctor said no... Anyway, I have the swimming nappies (!) so we're ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment