Tuesday 21 July 2009

Big person T-shirt to little person trousers

On Sunday night I finally got around to a little project that I've been wanting to do for ages - turning an old T-shirt into a pair of baby trousers. I got the idea here, on the Rookie Moms website, and kept threatening to take my scissors to one of the millions of old T-shirts that H has been hoarding since the early 90s. In the end I decided that the ones he would be willing to part with would be too tatty even for trousers for K to get dirty in, and picked out one of mine instead.

I like this T-shirt but it was a bit too long and straight for me so it always seemed tight around the hips. I thought the colour would be good for trousers too, like lightweight summer jeans. It took me about an hour to do, but that includes a good 20 minutes searching for the elastic that I knew I had somewhere....

Before:


After:


In action:




No comments:

Post a Comment