Here are THE RULES...
Pick 6 unimportant things you love
Mention & link to the person who tagged you
Tag 6 of your favourite bloggers to play along
(don’t forget to comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged!)
1. Maps. I love maps. And atlases. And globes. You know when you go to, say, a park, and they have a big map at the entrance? I have to stop and look at that. Have to.
2. Pizza. Mmmm, pizza. Especially if it has lots of mushrooms and meaty stuff on it. Which reminds me. The other day my friend Oliver told me that King Wenceslas invented the first pizza. Apparently he liked it deep-pan, crisp and even.
3. Boots. (The footwear, not the chemist. Having said that...) I love wearing boots. With thick tights and short skirts, or under trousers, I live in boots through the winter and try to extend the boot season for as long as I can. Ankle boots are OK, but knee-highs are really the way to go.
4. Shower gel. The type that smells so good you want to eat it: lemon or strawberry or vanilla or coconut or mint or... You don't really see proper shower gel in the shops around here, just liquid soap that usually smells of, well, soap.
5. Thunderstorms. Big claps of thunder, flashes of lightening, torrential rain coming straight down. I love it. As long as I'm not actually out in it of course...
6. Diaries. I was trying to avoid the books-music-fabric-stationery type of answer here, but I had to give in over diaries. I love notebooks of all types but I tend to think 'I don't really need it...' and leave them in the shops. Or I buy a nice one and then feel scared to write in it in case I spoil it. But diaries? An entirely justifiable stationery expense, and you need to buy (at least) one a year! I really enjoy choosing a new diary every year - week or month to a view? does it have the Japanese lucky and unlucky days listed? what completely unnecessary and yet irresistable information does it have at the back? and of course, design! Yay for diaries.
Ah, that was fun.
I'm tagging these great 6 blogs. I've been reading all of them for a while but I must admit I've just been lurking without commenting on most of them. Sorry...
And if you're reading this and would like to join in, consider yourself tagged too!