Friday 11 June 2010

At the weekend - part 2

It won't be long until it becomes really hot and humid here and I become reluctant to leave the comfort of air-conditioning. So for now I'm keen to get out and do stuff while the weather suits me. Following on from our little play at the beach on Saturday, we went to a little petting zoo on Sunday.

We went there with K once before, but he was too small to enjoy the playground then. Not this time though...






I hovered over K while he climbed up this laddery thing, but he did do it All By Himself, despite it wobbling on its chains every time he moved. K climbed up and over the blue pole and then stood there looking very pleased with himself, pointing out to everyone what he'd just done.

Then it was time to visit the animals.

Once again, the goats were viewed purely from outside the enclosure. I saw the evil little creatures knock over a boy about K's age and so felt completely vindicated in my decision.


The guinea pigs were a whole different story (as you would expect...). K returned to them 3 or 4 times throughout the afternoon.


No proper pigs this time though, only the guinea variety, due to the outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in Kyushu.

Plenty of kangaroos though...


... and sleepy dogs lazing in the sun.


Lately K is very interested in driving so we had a little go on the ride-on dinosaur. I operated the foot pedal and K steered. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more...


And finally, something completely unrelated.

I woke up this morning, just before 7, to find K standing next to our bed. Holding an onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment