Wednesday 2 June 2010

No rest for the wicked

Ever wondered what the inside of your sewing machine looked like? Ever wondered what would happen if K was left unattended for a minute or so? The following photo answers both of those questions...



Running down the hall in response to a loud crash I firstly found K, looking as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, and then my sewing machine hanging off the desk by the cable. I switched it on and the light came on, so hopefully it still works...

All this happened during so-called Nap Time. K has barely napped at all over the last couple of weeks (except at day-care and when H's mum is looking after him....), and now won't even just stay in his cot and rest like he used to. Instead he kicks the cot away from the wall, opens the little storage door and slides out, free to play with the stereo or wander downstairs.


Today I thought I'd tire K out by taking him to the local Mother and Toddler group (playing outside) and to the park, including a picnic lunch, but it seems that the only one feeling sleepy in the afternoon was me. As well as the sewing machine incident, I found K outside on the patio (having unlocked and opened the patio doors) while I was hanging out the washing this morning and later spotted a little traffic jam on his wooden car slide:


That's the 'B' key from this computer, prised off while I was washing the dishes, and a nut used to keep the legs on the kitchen table....

K has also figured out how to unlock the baby gate keeping him in the main living area, something which a lot of adult visitors find challenging. For now we've replaced it with a fence you have to climb over and all is well again, but once K figures out he can just push a chair to it and climb over I don't know how I'll get through the day! It has been suggested to me that full run of the house and the end of naps mean that it's time to start pre-school...

No comments:

Post a Comment