Tuesday 25 August 2009

A busy weekend

Our week without H went surprisingly smoothly, but K and I were both very happy to have him back with us on Friday night. K enjoyed showing H the photos of what he'd been up to all week...



The weekend was hot and summery, at long last. On Saturday morning I judged an English speech contest for junior high school students. It was only after the whole thing had finished that I discovered that the boy who had won first prize was the son of one of the teachers. It's probably a good thing that I didn't know though, or I would have been worried about judging him fairly.


I also collected my new table and chairs from the home centre on Saturday. The table and 4 chairs came flat-packed in one large box which I could just about lift on my own. In fact it would have been fine if the shop assistant had not released the saloon-style counter-door as I was bending down to pick up the box. The corner of it smacked me right in the head and, wimp that I am, it was a real effort not to cry. I still have a sore bump today...

Anyway, with K's help the table was put together, and then H helped me with a chair. Yes, 'a' chair, the other 3 are still waiting...


Other weekend stuff: lots of weeding (mainly done by H, well done!), a house-warming party at Lisa's (where I scolded her cat using K's name...), meeting a new short-term private student and a lovely sunset on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment