Friday 14 August 2009

Books, books and more books!

K loves looking at books. Sometimes he's happy to sit still and be read to, and sometimes he has to hold the book and turn the pages himself. He really likes The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so recently I borrowed The Very Busy Spider from the library and he loved it. Each time we looked at it I had to read it 2 or 3 times until he was satisfied. It's gone back to the library again now, but H has ordered our own copy which should arrive any day now. I wonder how K will react...

English-language books can be very expensive or hard to come by here, so H has been keeping an eye on an online store which often has sales. The other day 2 surprise parcels arrived, one addressed to me and one to K. Mine contained a book on crocheting little animals - I'm particularly taken with the frog, and have added him to my endless list of Things To Make. K's parcel had a lovely (British English!) picture dictionary, a Curious George book, some flashcards and a Maisy book of opposites! They're all a bit 'old' for K yet but they were also all half-price.... Actually, K is enjoying looking at the Maisy book already. Thank you H!

And yesterday, another parcel, this time from Mum! Lots of lovely books (including some proper little story books in board format, which is just what I wanted) as well as a great wooden puzzle and a DVD for me! Thank you Mum!

Here's K enjoying one of the books from the previous parcel from Mum - he says 'Thanks Gran!'. Well, he would if he could talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment