Monday 22 November 2010

Anyone need a step machine? Going cheap, barely used...

On Sunday Lisa and I became shop-keepers for the day, selling our old stuff at a flea market, the Japanese equivalent of a car boot sale. Most of the things for sale were mine - clothes that no longer fit, odds and ends from around the house and, yes, unwanted gifts (nothing from any of you though of course).


We had a prime corner spot and, after an unsure start to the day, sold quite a bit. The veteran flea marketer next door to us bought several clothes from me and I wouldn't be surprised to see them on her stall at the next one! I did learn a handy trick from her though, for when you can't try clothes on for fit: your neck is about half the size of your waist so try holding the waist of trousers around your neck.

I enjoyed the day, cleared some cupboard space and made a bit of money - yeah! Maybe this time next year I'll be back with maternity wear and newborn baby clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment