Tuesday 4 January 2011

2010, 2011

What kind of year was 2010 for you? It sounds rather melodramatic but when I look back at last year I can't help thinking that the theme for me was 'Life and Death'. My grandfather, one of my very best friends, and a close friend of my parents all passed away within a few months of each other. The loss of my friend in particular hit me hard, and I'm still mourning her in many ways. On the other hand, I also found out that I was expecting a baby. We had been trying for a baby for quite a long time before I got pregnant with K, so it was lovely that things went so easily this time around.

In our everyday life, not a lot really happened in 2010 to be honest. There were no changes at work for H or me and no exciting events; most things just carried on as before. I did get to spend a month in the UK in the summer though, and just being around K and watching him grow and develop brought us a lot of pleasure.

Looking to the year ahead, I think the theme could be 'Family'. As well as the arrival of K's little brother (we think!), Mum and Dad will be coming over to visit us for a month. H and I are also hoping that our new family of 4 will be able to make an extended trip to the UK in the summer, spending lots of time with friends and family. However things pan out, I hope that it's a year of health and happiness for us all. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment